“What should I know when I’m starting my bar prep?”
I did a live stream with Jennifer Duclair to talk about how to take the guesswork out of bar preparation and get a better sense of direction as you start studying for your next bar exam.
It was fun! Japes and nuggets of insights were dropped, and I’m pleased with how this turned out. (Maybe I’ll do another one next year…)
Here’s me throwing Kaplan under the bus:
Here’s the recording, along with timestamps so you can jump to the parts you’re most interested in:
Continue reading “The 3 Things You Need When Starting Bar Prep (Live Stream Replay)”
“How can I pass this bar exam? omg”
There are a million approaches for the bar exam. Indeed, you should find a way that works for YOU. As I always say, you’re the dean of your own studies.
All you have to do is understand the material and know how to use it, right?
If it were only that easy.
The bar exam covers a ton of concepts, including exceptions, jurisdictional differences, over a dozen subjects. There’s a LOT to know at once. Questions are difficult to answer unless you understand the key concepts.
The bar exam is not EASY.
But preparing for it is SIMPLE. Bar prep doesn’t have to be complicated.
There are really only three things you need for successful bar preparation:
- Source materials (outlines, questions to practice with, sample answers)
- How-to knowledge (which I cover)
- Action from YOU to do the things that matter (practice and feedback)
Let’s go through each one.
Continue reading “The Bar Exam Is Complicated, but the Approach Is Simple”
Got yet another success story, by a reader who shared with me a very detailed and specific recap of her journey to pass the 2020 February California Bar Exam (26.8% pass rate) on her second try.
It was too good not to share.
- Big bar course made her “dumber,” wasted her time, DRAINED her energy and time. She was too wiped out to memorize or practice
- Did not even know how to START any essay
- Panic, doubts, insecurities, mind games, pressure
- Practical and effective approach
- Used the right tools for her
- Enjoyed herself because she could see herself getting better
Key takeaways and full story below…
Continue reading “How to Pass the California Bar Exam with a Focused Approach of Discipline and Consistency”