There are a lot of resources and supplements for the MBE portion of the bar exam these days.
You’re bombarded with referral links and ads from all angles on the Internet these days thanks to everyone trying to get a piece of you (and your sneaky iPhone listening to everything you think).
You’re taking the most important exam of your life. The multiple-choice part counts for 50% of your bar exam score based on a series of 200 letters (or 100 if there’s a pandemic).
All you want is just some solid and cost-effective help that makes you actually learn and progress.
What are you supposed to choose?
There is a refreshing alternative. A new contender to the long list of MBE supplements, with tons of students singing praises already.
Its name: UWorld MBE QBank.
In this comprehensive review of UWorld, I’ll explain what their MBE QBank does and why I immediately reached out when I first heard about them from my readers.
Here are some key takeaways and a table of contents for more details:
- Key distinction 1 – visual, intuitive explanations: Robust, in-depth answer explanations with illustrations, charts, and other visual aids that help you retain and recall the rules. A picture is worth a thousand words or at least a lot of words, and we have enough words to read as it is.
- Key distinction 2 – updated question formats: Focus on relevant, newer questions so that your practice is not compromised by outdated question formats. The product team at UWorld also regularly develops new questions that align with current style of testing.
- Key distinction 3 – experience with exam prep: They’ve been around the block. They’re known for helping students pass difficult exams in other professional fields like medicine, finance, etc.
- Key distinction 4 – cost: The price is right. (Plus how you can get $40 off…exclusive to MTYLT readers only)
- In the works: More features that are based on methodologies to help you remember the material. I’ll update this review when these new features come out…can’t be spilling them beans yet.
Table of contents (click to jump):
- UWorld helps you to learn concepts tested on the MBE using clear, visual answer explanations
- UWorld has updated the format of their questions to make them look as close as possible to the actual MBE questions
- UWorld has been around the block of high-stakes exams (now the MBE)
- Recap & future work for UWorld
- Key features
- Some ancillary features
- Some things UWorld could improve on
- Verdict for this new contender in the MBE supplements space
- Should you get UWorld or AdaptiBar? (Includes an overview from someone who used both)