Did you know that the president of the National Conference of Bar Examiners thinks newer MBE takers are “less able”?
1) Uh, well, given the lowkey increase of the bar exam’s general difficulty in recent years which we can’t prove anyway, it doesn’t even matter if you’re less able or the MBE is actually getting harder because you’re gonna get screwed regardless.
2) That kinda sucks because about HALF your score (also in CA starting July) is determined by scanning a series of alphabets you bubble in. Do you trust the machines? They can’t even autocorrect.
3) Fortunately, you can tilt the odds to your advantage.
I had a phone convo with Luis, a reader taking the Flordia bar who wanted to discuss how to approach studying for the MBE and doing so while occupied in a full-time job and a family. Check out the recording below.
Continue reading Studying for the MBE and Managing Your Time While Working
There’s nothing like hearing your own recorded voice for instant cringe. Despite your reasonable assumptions, I am not a peak human and always have things to improve upon.
Meanwhile, let’s instead focus on what you can learn today from a coaching call I did with a reader so that you might be able to take away some insights for improving your performance on the bar exam.
Here’s a recording of my discussion with Kristy about:
- Her score report and studying for the MBE to improve her score next time
- Whether it’s right for her to delay her retake to the two-day CA bar in 2017
- Working while studying
- Scheduling with one-track tunnel vision.
Continue reading Studying for the MBE, Whether to Delay the Bar to 2017, Working While Studying, and Scheduling with Tunnel Vision
Great Scott! It’s been a while.
Today’s the day that Marty McFly time travels to in Back to the Future II. Ironically, my previous post is titled “Don’t Time Travel.”
July feels like forever ago even for us, and times sure have changed. We even got to see Justin Bieber’s wiener (if you missed it, go see how much he’s packing).
You probably don’t miss the bar, but this is a quickie post just in case you’re looking to get a head start studying for February (even if you’re still waiting for results).
I’ve received multiple questions regarding when to start studying and how long to study after failing with Barbri. For your benefit, below is my most recent answer to that type of question, verbatim. Take a look if you’re wondering when to study for the bar exam, whether you should start studying now or later, so you can start planning contingencies at least.
In the meantime, I’ve been cooking up some sweet new material for you. Look forward to it starting the third weekend of November!
Continue reading Thinking about the next bar? When to study for the bar exam and how long